Friday, November 27, 2009

Be Positive!

My Colleague and Friend - Sadiq said "Please don't write blogs any more" in a witty manner, as I was leaving office; and here I am! writing another blog.  From the time he said "Don't WRITE", my mind actually started framing what to write next.
It reminds me of a speech by the Great Dr. Abdul Kalam where he explains that the mind has a very difficult time processing a negative image. He says that you cant visualise "not doing" something. The only way to properly visualize not doing something is to actually find a word for what you want to do and visualise that.

I have experienced that this is very true. I used to take tuitions for students of 6th to 9th standard. When I used to instruct my students "DONT MAKE NOISE", they made so much irresistable noise. Then, I decided to instruct "Keep quite", and it actually worked well. The same thing happenned when I used to play Volley ball in school days; The more my friends shouted "Don't drop the ball", the more likely, I used to drop the ball.. This happens because the brain first imagines "Dropping" and then tries to tell it not to do what it just imagined. Had they said, "Hit the ball hard" the result might have been quite different...


Be Postive, talk positive and positive things will come to you.. What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.

10 comments:

  1. he he he....actually it happnes jab kuch cheezen mana ki jati hai tab use karne ka maza hi kuch aur hai... well mera to O+ hai

    ReplyDelete
  2. mera blood group B-ve hai..............but still i agree what u have written.............so changing ur proffession.........excellent...keep Written.....Don't stop it.. Sowj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ap yeh kahna chate ho kee agar mere ko koi bole kee kisi ko maar toh mein maar donga naiiiiiiiii...aaisa nai ho sakta

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm.. ur observations are mighty nice.. even i hv been a victim of this ideology..wen mum used to say switch off d idiot box n study.. i never did ;).. n dis wud b d reason for d famous idiom to get accolades from us youngsters who believe : Rules Are Meant To Be BROKEN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a keen observant.Small small things which go un-noticed by many of us finds its place on ur blog. I must say, Your blogs directly or indirectly solves someone's life issues.

    Riya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be positive.... yes dear everything depends on our thoughts but it’s really hard to be positive.Ager Hum sare acha souchne lagenge to fir sb log ache bn jayenge or ager hum sb ache insan bn gaye to bhout badi problem ho jayegi......... guess how...?


    Deepa Yadav

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aayan Khan Says…..!!!

    1st I want to say about ur Blog which is “BE POSSITIVE”. It is very nice tittle of blog…ur all tittle is good….!!!!!!!!!

    You might have to approve your own comment. That's OK. Do it. I do this all the time. This let's people reading your blog know that you really do respond to your comments. Not responding to a comment is like starting an intense and interesting conversation with someone and walking out of the room while they're talking to you. Rude.

    There are many social media "experts" who will tell you that responding to comments in this way makes the number of comments on your blog seem inflated, and your comment takes up space for other people who want to comment.

    Rubbish and hogwash. What matters is that you respond publicly and privately. Period.

    Develop the conversation one-on-one with the commenter, and then let everyone know what to expect when they comment on your blog by posting your reply on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Aayan,

    Thanks a lot for that thoughtful comment. I sometimes have nothing to comment than "Thank you",and which is but obvious comment, and so I refrain..

    But your point is very much valid, and surely I will take your suggestion. THUMBS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When this gurl, Soujanya_C (We call her like that, atleast I) insisted me to go through her blog... I expected she would post this kind of topic... Believe our thoughts (Souji's and mine) are totally different and just like magnetic poles... but still we are really good friends... I am just posting all this because I dont know where... to share... my feelings/opinions about her... beleive me, she always a wise gurl in her acts with lot of compassion and with specific rules at the same time... All the best dear.... love u...

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah ... dats the real fact ... when u say dont then certainly it becomes do ...

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...