Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rewards & Memories

I was waiting for my name to be announced, so that I may reach the stage and take the certificate. My Team Lead sent a message in the Morning "Please be there in RNR Town-hall at 6 PM. You will get certificate of recognition. Venue: Shilpa Kala Vedica, Hi-Tech City". I was there sharp at 6 PM; though i was not much in mood to attend the function. I could see some of my project mates and we gave gestures of welcome. Some cultural programmes were held. The evening started with an inspiring "Being One" Presentation, followed by MD's speech, the accomplishments our company has  achieved. Then a dance show and a Pop Band - Everything was done by associates and was quite impressive. Finally, the time of distributing rewards came. My name was announced after a few others.. "Sowjanya Chaganti" - I hurried up to the stage to collect my certificate. Shook hands with our MD, then a kodak moment!!! 
Few more dance shows played after that. I was waiting for the show to get over, so that I could go for dinner.. Dinner was good and I was accompanied by my Team Lead. "Oh, Its 10 A.M EST!! And we are having Core service meeting with Alex after half an hour;  we gotto go fast to join;", he said, trying to eat as fast as he could. I agreed. We finished up fast and ran to take cab back to office.
Reached office. A few associates congratulated me :) Attended the meeting and started working. I was in night shift, so continued till 6.30 AM in the morning. The whole night, I could hear just the tapping of my keyboard.
When coming back to hostel, I recalled what happened in RNR (I almost forgot about it in  work) .  I remembered something similar that happened a few years back, when I was in college. How similar it is.... is it really that similar???

Neha, Pranit, Meenu, Shalu, Venus, Ankit and myself were jumping with joy. Yes, that was our group! The extreme 7 Group. We all adjusted ourselves in Venus's indica (You can understand, how 7 people can fit in an Indica!!) and kept the music, singing with the CD track- as we moved from EDM (East Delhi Mall) to college. We were happy. The proud group of BCA batch, coz the three prize holders of BCA belonged to our group. Hip-Hip-Hurray!!! We already had our stomachs full with "Golgappas" round the corner of the college street. By the time we reached college, it was already 6.30 PM. My mom-dad also arrived to college for the ceremony. The "Rang-Peeth" was well decorated and our seniors hosting the occasion made it more beautiful. When our names were announced, our group was shouting and applauding with Joy. I touched feet of my parents and took the certificate from Director sir. My group was clapping as loud as they could. I gave the certificate to Mom-Dad. I could sense the happiness they were feeling.  Before leaving the college, we clapped for our success and discussed what we should do next day. 
Believe it or not, we enjoyed the whole week discussing the "Sammaan Samaroh", by imitating seniors, the way they sung...
I spent that day in cherishing the memories of my college days. Days when we used to play Dumb arts, when we used to spend the whole day in the garden, plucking the grass of the garden badly....Bunking the classes and chatting in cafeteria... when we spent whole nights in messaging each other before the day of internal exams and asking how much portion is left.... revising the important questions just before the exam.... the growing heartbeat before the announcement of the results. And the relief after hearing the results.... 
The memories made my day...
Someone rightly said:
"Memory is a child walking along a seashore.  You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things."  

8 comments:

  1. gud... yaar tujhe toh sab yaad hai... but venus ki car zen thi , nt indica... but koi gal nahi ji.. i wish tu aise hi memories banati rahe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... mujhe cars k model kabhi yaad nahi rehte...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha i loved ur junky travel in the car. collage life is ineeded the best memories which we preserve and always enjoy to remember... both ur rewards were quite similar but the biggest difference is the inner happiness which u felt in both of them. may be collage reward u still enjoy to narrate rather than ur work reward which u will never discuss in future. happiness becomes double when its accompanied by ur near and dear ones.If Neha, Pranit, Meenu, Shalu, Venus, Ankit have been present in ur current function this would have lined up in ur sweet memories also.All your happiness depends if you have someone to share that with u. happiness doubles when you share in contrary to sorrow which vanish when you share it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe ! Really Really a fast learner and ll not foretell things.

    -Gana (Ex Emp of satyam)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great...bahut bahut badiyaaa ap na agar yeh bata de dete ke jo award apko Shilpa Kala Vedica mein mila with more detials that will be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no much details to tell yar, utna hi mila jitna mention kiya hai... One certificate (Red and White in colour) that's it . :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a nice read....good to see you here..stop by at mine @ http://d3adman-living.spaces.live.com/

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...