Friday, November 13, 2009

The Three Musketeers & A BAT !!!




It was 11.30 PM. I just came from office, had my dinner and sat before my favourite laptop. Ranju was reading some book. Nishu was roaming in the corridor with her mobile. The night was unusually silent. We were busy with our own works and we were not talking much, which is generally very rare, when we are awake. Our room's door was open.


Suddennly a bat came inside our room............ "AAAAAAA!!!! MUMMMYYYYYYYYYYY", my reflex action broke the silence of the room. I jumped from my bed to Ranju's bed and covered myself completely with a blanket. For a minute no one understood, what was happenning. "Are yaar, itna kyun darti hai, kuch nahi karega wo", said the brave army man's brave daughter - Ranju, after a while. Nishu was outside the room itself --"Itna kyun chilla rahe ho, kuch nahi hoga", she said, from outside, daring not to enter the room :). I was still covered in blanket. "Wo gaya ki nahi.... O God... O God... ", I said. I could hear my heartbeats as loud as i could hear the flaps of the flying bat. "Switch off the Fan.... It may get hurt", I cried from inside the blanket. The bat was flying continously inside the room changing its proportion of height. By now, Brave Ranju was also quite afraid. "Switch off the fan...", I said again, though, I was nearest to the switchboard.. Before Ranju could follow my words "KADAAAK" - a sound came and it was silent again. "O nooo, i think it is hurt", i said, slowly coming out from the blanket.. Nishu peeped in from the window. Happy to see that it is not there, she came inside... "Where's bat, by the way??" Nishu asked. "Its hurt... It should have fallen somewhere in the room. We have to find it.", said ranju thoughtfully. " Han, otherwise, the room will stink by tomorrow", continued Nishu. I said 'Yes' in agreement and we started searching for it. Nishu found it and said "Its on your handbag". "Whose? Mine.. Noo", I said. "I cannot go towards it. It's but still alive....", i said. Ranju was kind enough to take the bat out along with the handbag. Poor bat was badly hurt. Few drops of blood were there on my hand bag.


Finally, the ordeal was over. I took a breath of relief, and thanked Ranju.
After the whole episode, i just gave a thought -- What was that great reflex action for??? A small poor bat, lost its way and came inside our room. It was helpless.. What a timid person I'm.
I could have saved the life of bat, had i switched off the fan myself, coming out from fear!!! I was sad.
"Fear not for the future, weep not for the past", something inside me whispered... "I will try to follow, going forward", I said to myself.

5 comments:

  1. ha ha.... i remember that horrified nite.. wel i can say the bat was much confused and frighten den we three or truly say U. this is not the sole incident wen u jumped on ur feet. dont u rem dat cockroach nite wich took hours for the poor cockroach to get out our chungal( sry couldn't find exact eng word for that pathetic cockroach.) well you have described me brave enough and u shld be thankful to me as i was the person who saved you twice from bat and also from cockroach :) so right adjective used for me :). n a piece of adive for u BE BRAVE LIKE ME SO THAT U CAN FIGHT BATTLES WIYH COCKROACH AND BATS AND SOMEDAY WITH ANTS ALSO:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Nice narrated story..But i like ur funky picturization more..haha..Where u captured these pictures haa??..To be fearless, one should have utmost faith.U remember my Fear and faith story???..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accha hai acha hai...mazaa ayaa bahut mazzaa aya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha.... i remembr u told me abt this incident.the funniest part is that ranju's comment. now i want to see u fight with rats. i hope u r not afraid of them.R u????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Na re baba... a bat was enough for me.... :) Btw, no rats in our room till date...

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...