Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Magical Mom




She waited for us to come back from school at around 2.30 PM every day. She was ready with a plate full of rice mixed with some curry, as we got fresh up. My mom would then feed us morsel by morsel in each of widely opened mouths with a loving heart- with just a story along with food. This is one of the earliest memories of my childhood. And I wonder that it is same till date. There is some magic in my mother’s fingers that makes the food tastier.Whenever I have sleepless nights, I sleep near her silently. She raps on my head gently with her hand. There is some magic in my mom’s hands, which absorb all my worries and just within a few seconds, I fall asleep.

My mother has a virtual x-ray machine fit in her eyes, which reads exactly what’s going on in my mind. There is some magic in my mom’s eyes. This is one of the reasons that I have never been able to tell a lie to my mom. Whenever tried, I failed miserably. She would see sternly with a raised eye-brow, and then with a big smile says “JHOOT!”. “God! Pakdi gayi”, I think and then GRIN... She gets angry very soon but melts soon too. So, I decided not to do this again in my life... Being truthful is easier than to face the shame after this GRIN!!

Remember the ‘Jadu ki Jhappi’ of ‘Munna Bhai MBBS’? My mom’s Jhappi has the same Jadu... The warmth of her hug wraps me with all the nice things and care for me.There is some magic in my mom’s hug.

My Magical Mom’s love is something that I could never explain fully; it is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain. It believes beyond believing when the world around condemns. 
Mother's love is far beyond defining, yet it defies all explanation and it still remains a secret like the mysteries of creation. Many people no matter how hard they try cannot understand the great evidence of God's tender guiding hand in Mother's Love.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Gr8 to see ur blog. I read and liked all ur bolgs. Must say u r too good. Your writing is very simple and has a meaning (without being preachy) as well.

    Loved ur writings. Hope to read more of u in near future. Keep up the good work.

    Regards

    Pravin

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaa very true...its said that if u want to see god on earth... its MOTHER.. simple and sweet.. can write more better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Speechless!!!!! Reading your blog brought back my mother's memories.loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats for really best one ..

    the topic is so touchy
    Magical Mom..

    My mother is a poem
    I'll never be able to write,
    though everything I write
    is a poem to my mother.
    ~Sharon Doubiago

    I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

    Even I can not imagine any single moment without blessings of MAA...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aayan Khan Said….!!!!
    Seriously dear …..I am so deeply honored by your words. How and to you. Looking forward to seeing how the journey continues to unfold.
    Keep writing…

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi dear,
    ur blogs r amazingly simple..& yet profound..i vouch for this one though..remember when we were leaving delhi..long time back..chachi(ur mom) held me in her arms..with so much love till the time came for us to leave..i remember & cherish that moment even today.i remember the way she wud feed us all.. the kids in the family..she is such a sweetheart...

    meera

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...