Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dreams Unlimited!!!

I was drowning. A storm of water was coming from all the sides. I did not know swimming. Where did so much water come from? Was it real? I tried flapping my legs and hands up and down.  My athletic efforts were temporarily rewarded. I came up to catch a whiff of fresh air. But that was all I could get. I was going down and I could not come up. I was not aware of anything else except the water.
Suddenly, the water disappeared, leaving me dry... I was soon dispersed into various small particles. And I swirled in the wind like a tornado. At one place above some mountains, the swirling particles paused and concentrated back to my physical form. Imagine the view of superman or Shaktimaan here (You may view SuperLady or Lady Shaktimaan, considering that I am a female... :) ).  I viewed greenery; felt as if I am on a cloud and soft breezes touched my face. 
I laughed and said "WoW!". " Is this the so called 'swarga'?, Am I dead??? ", I thought. I heard someone saying "What, what are you murmuring?". Opened my eyes and found my roomie beside shaking me... "Uh! was that a dream?? I want to continue it..", I said and wrapped myself in the blanket again...Obviously, it never continued.. I wished that dreams were like movies in a DVD player, where one can pause it and watch it whenever one feels like.

"Dream is not what you see in sleep, dream is the thing which does not let you sleep." - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. 
The quote no doubt, sounds very nice and wise, but frankly, I have never been able to accept it completely. I would call the 'dream' in the above quote as "aspiration" or "ambition" or simply say "a goal", for I see dreams in deep sleep; you don't know what unexpected thing you may face the next moment... A scary dream may turn into a pleasant one at any time and vice-versa; a meaningless dream to a meaningful one..... The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I must say u write well. Just a simple thing and the way u present it, really holds the reader's attention. I wonder, whether i should start discussing my dreams with you. Anyway, loved your writing,and keep going.

    With love,
    Riya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Dear....The person who'll read out your tittle " DREAMS UNLIMITED"...the line which read out in your note is must in all ..."I would call the 'dream' in the above quote as "aspiration" or "ambition" or simply say "a goal", for I see dreams in deep sleep; you don't know what unexpected thing you may face the next moment""

    At last i want to say that..All sources pretty well agree that excrement (whether human or animal) in a dream represents money, wealth, profits or tangible value and is a lucky omen pertaining to material gain.
    This symbol also appears in the definition for.This work was, by his own assessment, Sigmund Freud's greatest. In the process of showing how seemingly meaningless fragments of dreams suggest the whole range of personal issues in the dreamer's present and past life.

    It is quite unlike the typical railway station fare in important respects -- it presents special difficulties for the reader and it has much broader import -- but both the rootedness of the book in Freud's introspections and his repeated challenges to try such exercises on oneself suggest the relevance of the book for the autodidact. I really proud of your thinking & on u...really appreciatable.

    Thanks.

    Aayan Khan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Riya,

    As per ur above mentioned comments which is "Wow!!! I must say u write well. Just a simple thing and the way u present it, really holds the reader's attention. I wonder, whether i should start discussing my dreams with you. Anyway, loved your writing,and keep going." I would say itne acche note per apne bahut kam likha hai...so plz be increase ur wordings on this type of superb note.

    Aayan Khan

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...