Sunday, April 18, 2010

And then, Last Breath escapes my lips!

A lorry on the divider at cross roads trampled one of the pillars, a crushed bike was beneath it. I closed my eyes as I saw a broken helmet and blood flowing. The body was already taken out from the accident place, but the blood was still flowing. It was 5.30 a.m. when I happened to view this terrible scene from the window of my cab, while moving to office. There doesn't seemed to have any chances of the victim to be alive. I prayed for the soul. My mind was disturbed.
As the 8 hours in office passed, I kind of forgot the "View", and my shift ended well with a birthday celebration of one of my colleagues. I returned to the same cross-roads while walking towards my hostel. Lorry was no more there, crushed bike was no more there... the blood was cleaned up... but the broken helmet was still there, as if crying helplessly. Mind was disturbed again.
For two nights, the view of a lorry crushing a person brutally, haunted me like anything. No one knows what happens the next moment. One may or may not get the chance to think of God, while taking last breaths.


"Nothing in life is certain except Death." The quote reiterated in my mind.
Thanks to my colleague who gave me the link to this video. It gave me few answers to my unquestioned questions...




Lyrics are profound...
LAST BREATH
From those around I hear a Cry, 
A muffled sob, a Hopeless sigh,
I hear their footsteps leaving slow,
And then I know my soul must Fly!
A chilly wind begins to blow,
Within my soul, from Head to Toe,
And then, Last Breath escapes my lips,
It's Time to leave. And I must Go!
So, it is True (But it's too Late)
They said: Each soul has its Given Date,
When it must leave its body's core,
And meet with its Eternal Fate.
Oh mark the words that I do say,

Who knows? Tomorrow could be your Day,
At last, it comes to Heaven or Hell
Decide which now, Do NOT delay!
Come on my brothers let us pray
Decide which now, Do NOT delay!
Oh God! Oh God! I cannot see!
My eyes are Blind! Am I still Me
Or has my soul been led astray,
And forced to pay a Priceless Fee
Alas to Dust we all return,
Some shall rejoice, while others burn,
If only I knew that before
The line grew short, and came my Turn!
And now, as beneath the sod
They lay me (with my record flawed),
They cry, not knowing I cry worse,
For, they go home, I face my God!
Oh mark the words that I do say,
Who knows, Tomorrow could be your Day,
At last, it comes to Heaven or Hell
Decide which now, Do NOT delay !
Come on my brothers let's pray
Decide which now, do not delay ....

7 comments:

  1. Good one! You're too much a mass writer....Everybody enjoys your blogs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb dear:)..nice lyrics..dam gud. Sowji your writing is amazingly simple and really touches the heart.. Keep posting such posts dear..

    ReplyDelete
  3. True dear..as they say the Crux of life is "Here & now' , for we know not what lies at the end of the journey & how long/short it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one is immortal, it’s a fact. But still not believing in it and behaving like we and our loved ones will live for ever gives strength and objective to our life and to our work. BTW sad but true video. Keep posting…(hope next one will be a happy one).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They cry, not knowing I cry worse,
    For, they go home, I face my God!
    These lines are wonderful sowjanya..I learnt a lot from these lines..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What to say ...after reading your blog accident pic came in my mind .
    Making me bit emotional..Really
    Life and death is the face of coin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course its the universal truth..one day we all have to die.we never know what god have decided for us the very next moment.Simple but a very true post.

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...