Thursday, March 25, 2010

Routine - sounds boring???

"Such a boring life!!!",I thought as I monitored the OS alerts at work. Same work, same cabin, same system, same cab, same room, same food every day... I'm bored of this routine and the repeated tasks.... I looked up and saw the roof of my office... "Eh! Fan is also not there", I thought.. I have this peculiar habit of looking at the rotating fan, whenever I feel bored. I closed my eyes, still head upwards, and my back rested on the chair. 
A question popped up from somewhere... "Is repetition and routine the key to life's boredom or is it the life's meaning?"  The question gave me a mild jerk and I sat straight. I was fully awake now.. I heard my heartbeats. It's repetition of the same beats throughout our existence. Our heartbeats, Our breathing, revolution of the Earth, the diurnal circles of the sun, everything needs repetition... My rotating fan too repeatedly rotates to make me feel the air... We need to sleep every day; we need to eat every day, etc, etc, etc.. ; and without undergoing all that repetition and routine -- we'll probably be dead.

My respect for the power of routine has increased dramatically after this episode.  I understood that most of the life is routine - sometimes it may be dull; but it is the momentum which keeps us going.

8 comments:

  1. No doubt you manage to attract so many readers to read what you write ...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are what we repeatedly do..excellence then becomes our habit..Very well written..

    ReplyDelete
  3. sahi hai .. its repeated heartbeat that makes u alive to write this blog...:)n wat do mean by same room... kal ko bolegi ahh same room mate ..so boring.ofcourse u repeadly stay with a person to understand them better.. and its doing repeadly a work that will earn u a perfection in work place.. so honey dont get bored nahin to pese nahin denge Bank Of America Wale.And regarding the same room.. agar bahut pese hai to y dont u change room every month...repeatation also save much money (finacial point of view)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well said, keep repeatedly posting ur blogs (but with different contents :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sowji,

    Really i am freezed few seconds when i read this article. Each & every statement is true.

    As you said, need to do the routine things in our own way keeps us going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sudha. I'm eagerly waiting for your blog "Live and Let live" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These simple words inspired me alot... Just keep going 100janya...

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...