Sunday, February 14, 2021

Little things in life

My son is now 8 years old. In covid times, kids have adjusted so well with the online home schooling. So has my son. How much I have to scold him daily to keep up the same discipline is a seperate story! 

During one of his online classes his English teacher was teaching him writing a Diary entry.  It reminded me my school days, when I was taught the same. I encouraged him to maintain a diary where he can note all the little things of life. Writing emotions and events is like communicating with yourself. It helps you to read yourself. 
I felt nostalgic about my own diaries. Where have I kept them!!! They are eating dust in a corner cupboard inside a small bag. I took all of them out. There were 5 diaries. I turned the pages one by one, some of which have now turned yellow as if saying that we are aged now.  Last time I wrote an entry was when my son was 5 months old. So.. It's almost been 7 years. Not that I used to write it daily earlier, but it definitely was more frequent. Thanks to my blog, I have atleast been able to write journals through these posts. But, blog still is no match to a diary;  with a diary you don't need to worry about the audience. 

The little things that I wrote decades ago gave a fresh feeling. Why did I stop maintaining it! No time is just an excuse. I thanked God, that during my crucial age ( 18-25), social media wasn't this much active in our lives. I might have spent all the time watching the short videos in Facebook! 

It's a challenge in this generation of online games, zoom/team/webex meetings, social networking to keep ourselves in touch with little things of life - like enjoying book reading, communicating with self, writing your heart out, making a paper boat, playing ludo with kids etc. 

But I am positive. I think that it is possible to stop the cycle, but it will definitely not be easy. Even just setting the devices down for a few hours a day would be a good way to start to reenter the real world and exit the digital world we’ve been immersed in for so long.

Signing off.... Going to read a page from one of my dust-eating books and then write a page ✍️. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved it truly. We surely had a less complicated lifestyles that enabled us to cherish life better. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...