Monday, November 8, 2010

The Spinning Arrows

"8 more hours".. "6".... "4".... "2"... "Half an hour more"... "Youhuu!!! Shift Hand-off. Week-off". I constantly looked at the spinning arrows in my watch (which seemed to be too slow). Not that I was very tired and not that I worked too hard...not that I have anything special to do this week-end... But I was waiting for a break.... Nine hours at work seemed to be unending...  "Why the time is running too slowly" has been my thought from quite some days, now. 

Contrary to the above thought, sometimes, I feel like time flies by. It seems just a few days back that I graduated from college and came to Hyderabad... and, now... its already been 4 years and 1 month that I'm staying here. 
Days go by and turns as months, months into years and years finally become our whole life.
Time takes its own time. Its never fast and never slow... Time is always on Time... ;)
One of my favourite childhood serial Mahabharat portrays time very well. Time says:
"Main Samay hoon. Mahabharat ke patra ye nahi jaante ki jo ho raha hai, wo kyun ho raha hai. Main Jaantha hun, kyunki main samay hun. main sab dekh raha tha, sab dekh raha hun aur sab kuch dekhta rahunga. Chup Chaap... Kyunki main Hastakshep nahi kar sakta, na hi aashirwaad de sakta hu... aur na hi shraap de sakta hu" ( I am Time. The characters of the epic, don't know, that why it is happening. I know. Because, I am Time. I have been and will be a silent spectator, because I cannot judge, I cannot bless and I cannot punish)

It is amazing to note that the reflections of these spinning arrows could turn into  musings on life. :)

1 comment:

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...