Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mission - Water CAN!!

It was 9 AM in the morning. Half bucket of water was available in wash room. Mom said, "I'm waiting since 5 AM for water. Please go and arrange some water cans.".. New thing for me!!... I said "I think Dad can arrange... Let me call. He is in office. He must be knowing".  " No need beta... There's a tea shop in the next lane. Ask him where we can get water cans", Mom said. But, the impatient ME was already on call.

"Hello, Dady, There's no water in home. Relatives too are there. Veena Aunty and Sharma Aunty may come in next 2 hours for satsang. what should I do? Where should I call? Do you have any phone number to call and arrange water??" I was speaking NON-STOP.

Dad with his patient voice asked "Entii ?? " (What?)
"Huh!! O Dady.. No Water. Please arrange", I said, this time in a shorter version.
"Oh... Hmmm... I had one contact of a water supplier.... Hmmm.... But.... I changed my mobile... That number is lost... Hmmm... Let me check..." 
After a long pause, he continued "Do one thing...There's a tea shop in the next lane. Ask him where we can get water cans"
"Okay! So, Audio replay in different voice this time", I thought and cursed myself for not listening to the first voice.


I brushed my teeth with one mug of water.  I said to myself, "Kindly adjust..." 


@ Tea Shop - "Bhaiyya, yahan paani kahan milega?" (Brother, where can I get water??)  He gave me a strange look and looked at the water bottle beside his Tea can. As guessed by his strange looks, he didn't know.
I saw one of my neighbours was passing by.  
"Namaste Uncle"
"Hello.. So, how's your vacation going?"
"Yeah..Good. Uncle, can you tell me, where can I get water cans here. Some water scarcity at home", I came to the point directly.
"Don't know. I'll inform you, in case I see any water seller", he said with a big smile.
"Thank you.. (but I wonder if you find him in an hour):, I thought.
I came back home and told the same story to mom. My peddananagaru (paternal uncle), who was listening to this, joined me in my hunt for water. After roaming in three to four lanes and asking almost every shopper and vendor, we finally got the address of the water supplier. 


"We need 6 water cans", I said.
"Bhara hua ya khali?" (Empty one or filled one?), he asked. 
"Of course, filled ones please!!" I said with the obviousness of the matter and gave our address with a sigh of relief. 
While coming back it started drizzling. "WATER - Ah.. What a relief!!", I smiled. Peddananagaru smiled back and said, "No wonder if a few years down the line, we buy the air we breathe!". 
Water is one of the most basic of all needs - And yet, we take water for granted. We waste water needlessly and don't realize that clean water is a very limited resource.


Save water, each drop is precious!
Please go through few tips to save water in the below link.
http://www.pubarticles.com/article-five-aspects-to-save-water-at-home-1251451885.html

8 comments:

  1. oyee abb pata chala pani ki value .. hyd mein jitna pani waste kiya hai na tune sab ka badla liya hai bhagwan ne. well nice post on a very sensitive issue in a very simple way. chal isi khusi mein tujhe ek glass pani deti hun woh bhi free mein :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with you for saving the water. Excess saving also waste. Indian states still fighting for water. Many state's farmer community started suicide. So sad. Well said "No wonder if a few years down the line, we buy the air we breathe!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good message with a mixture of humor, you are good narrator, I suggest you to change your career ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for your kind comments... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a thought-provoking message with a dash of humour...awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very conscious post. well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, its a very nice way of conveying the right message... you can better this by a good measure and am sure you will :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful lesson for all people of all ages. Thank you Very much.

    ReplyDelete

Navigating Disappointments with Grace and Gratitude

As appraisal cycle results approach, it's natural for some individuals to feel a sense of unfairness or disappointment, especially if th...